Title: Import Coordinator
Location: Charlotte, NC
Reports To: Import Manager
Position Summary: Processing daily import forwarding and brokerage activity to ensure no delays in the supply chain and meeting the client’s expectations with excellent customer service.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in business or two years industry related experience and/or training.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- General knowledge of geography and international transactions as related to the forwarding business.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent time management with ability to prioritize tasks and meet various deadlines.
- Complete work accurately and thoroughly with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this position are listed below. Other duties may be assigned to meet changing business needs.
- Monitor the agents booking activity by following the customers SOP guidelines with carrier assignments, container allocations and shipment routings.
- Track/trace shipments with airline carriers, ocean carriers, and other 3rd parties to confirm departure dates, arrival dates and release dates. Update CVI’s operational system with the latest information.
- When performing customs clearance as assigned; collect commercial documents from the responsible party to submit customs entry prior to arrival of goods.
- Issue CVI arrival notices when required to the client and outside customs house broker prior to shipment arrival.
- Arrange last mile deliveries with the client and assigned trucking company when required.
- Bill responsible parties for services render as quickly as possible and assist with collections as needed.
- Generate internal or external reports as required.
- Report any issues, delays, customs holds to the client when needed.
- Build a strong business relationship with the clients and 3rd party providers.
- Provide prompt, courteous and proactive service to the clients.
- Seek opportunities to promote the company and gain additional business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by a person assigned to this position. Nor is this summary an employment contract or promise of ongoing employment.