Capes Shipping Agencies, a wholly owned subsidiary of CV International, Inc., is a leading provider of ship agency and bulk forwarding services. Established in 1958 in Norfolk, VA, Capes maintains an excellent reputation by consistently delivering reliable and proficient agency services to Principals around the world. Capes’ operations currently cover the ports of the U.S. mid-Atlantic, Gulf Coast, and the Pacific Northwest.
Capes provides a full range of ship agency and representation services with a primary focus of full cargo agency attendance. We represent foreign buyers and charterers, ship owners and operators, vessel management companies, exporters and importers, as well as other parties contracted to a ship.
We have well established and independent working relationships with all terminals, stevedores, government agencies, and waterfront vendors in the ports we serve. This enables us to turn ships around quickly and efficiently.
Full Cargo Ship Agency Attendance
- On-board attendance of vessels
- Customs clearance
- Compliance with government agencies
- Cargo documentation
- Arrangement of inspections and surveys
- eNOA/D filing assistance
- Communications coordination
- Cash delivery to vessels
- Attendance to crew
- Delivery of spare parts
- Coordination of bunkering
- Security arrangements
Protective Agency (OPA)
- Verification of proformas and disbursement accounts
- Receipt of funding and vendor payments
- Documentation review and management
- Monitoring cargo and vessel movements
Bulk Cargo Forwarding
Capes maintains a full-service, independent cargo forwarding department that offers export forwarding, documentation, and supervisory services to major bulk exporters of coal, grain, and other cargoes.
Our experienced team is well versed in the requirements for exporting a wide variety of cargoes from the United States to locations all over the world with a heavy emphasis on coal. We handle the issuance of all required export documentation and offer a comprehensive array of services related to the export of bulk cargoes.
We actively monitor, manage, and report cargo movement to our clients every step of the way from the origin, to the vessel, to the final destination. Customized reporting and onsite loading supervisory are just a few of the value-added services we offer. Additionally, while under our watch, any issues are proactively identified and addressed before they become problems for our clients.
Our forwarding services include:
- Full cargo documentation, including bills of lading, manifests, and statement of facts
- On-site loading supervision and representation
- Preparation of certificates of origin
- Automated Export System (AES) filing
- Arrangement of cargo surveys
- Coordination of cargo sampling
- Notary services
- Laytime calculations
- SCAC and bond renewals
For more detailed information on all that Capes Shipping Agencies has to offer, view their full website here.